Tuesday, June 1, 2010

May 2010: Grems in London

While I'm sad that Mawena and Padric may be moving to London in the fall, I take comfort in knowing I'll see great street art if I visit. If I'm lucky, I might be able to catch up with Grems. Today, he shares a few past projects and hints at what's to come in the future. He writes:
"I started doing graffiti 13 years ago. Back then, I tagged as Cherie."

"I live in London and I travel all the time. I painted absolutely everywhere: in the street, among people, and in the galleries."

"I often work very very alone, but I know several groups like Supakitch TT crew, Jack Factory, Polka Rekm, and Captain Rouget & Bunk. It's hard to paint with other people."
"I learned most of my techniques by practicing graffiti. I did graffiti research for seven years! Then one day, I found my own style. I blend prehistoric painting, Indian art, Cubism, everything! I love painting in the south of France because there are many great walls there. I also like painting people in their living rooms."
"One time, I painted a wall with 3ttman, Remedies and Zbiok. I love this wall because it is a perfect blend of our different cultures: a mix between graffiti, new style, and contemporary painting."

Thanks, Grems! He's got a book and an album in the works, so check his website for future updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment